Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Whew

Wow. What a week it has been so far. These next two days are going to be difficult, but I will get through it! Putting together a newspaper in seven days sure is hard....lol.

But anyway, I thought I would post before I go to work. haha work. I am quitting my job and I am delighted. My senior year is going to be way too busy for me to have a job considering I will be spending most of my after school time at school. I have a full time job anyway being editor-in-chief. :) Not that I am complaining or anything...cuz I think it is awesome! I love organizing and having things in order..even though sometimes it can be quite hard.

I have learned a few things about being a journalist at high school. One, it gives me great career opportunities which could mean scholarships for the University of Utah. Two, I like talking to all kinds of people. It is so much fun! Being in journalism has made me look at other careers as well. One of which includes Psychology. I think it would be so freaking awesome to be a psychologist. Learning about the brain, what people are thinking about, how to help them, etc. To me, it is quite thrilling. Therefore, I have come to the decision on either majoring in Communications and minoring in Psychology, or majoring in Psychology and minoring in Communications or Journalism. We'll see how it turns out. :D

Anyway, life is good. I am quite happy that school starts next week! It's going to be a great first day of school...I can feel it. I am beginning to be more "tight" with my journalism friends, which can save me in the long run. I despise drama, but it happens anyway. It can make life interesting, until someone gets really hurt. Then it becomes a problem.

Well, the new teachers seem fun and interesting! So, if any of you have a new teacher, be sure to make them feel welcome. Same with the incoming sophomores. We were like them once, and it's hard enough going to a new school feeling tense and insecure. Make sure to welcome them with open arms! (well, not literally but you know what I mean).

It feels weird being a senior. But this year is going to beat all of my high school years out of the park. New friends, new classes, new romances! Well, maybe. haha. Hopefully for some of you though! :) It will be interesting to see who gets together this year.

Well, I must be off. Work time. Have a wonderful day everyone! More posts will soon be up and coming!

2 comments:

Rachel Frost said...

Wow... yeah... seniors. I'm gonna love every moment of it!!!

Jaron Frost said...

Hey! Haha, when I first saw your comment, I was like "Who the crap is that? Probably some weird guy who just stumbled upon my blog on accident" but then I checked it out, and it was you instead! So that's awesome. :)

Yeah, this year is gonna be great. That's totally cool that you're editor in chief. Is Wessman still the head honcho? Err... I guess that would be you :) Does he teach the class, at least? I hope so. He's pretty cool, and he wanted me to help with the production of the lit mag, even though I'm not in the class. I hope he's still around. Good luck with the paper!