Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer

This summer has been, well, interesting. In my previous post, I mentioned how I'd be going camping. Yeah, that's probably not going to happen. Unless I hike Timp in August. Which is a very big possibility. So, again, we'll see what happens.

It's been quite the emotional week. I've just been so stressed with work issues, and all that jazz. Today, I was also not doing so well(emotionally), and I wanted my Brandon to be with me. Unfortunately, his schedule is a lot different than mine, but we still try our best to see each other. But today he surprised me in the most fantastic way possible. I went to a friend's futsol game, and to my surprise, he showed up! I had no idea because I thought he was going into work at seven. He told me he was able to see me for a couple hours before he had to go into work. I was so happy to see him...you have no idea. I needed that two hours with him. I love him dearly, and I'm so grateful for everything he does for me.

Anyway, I had my volunteer orientation the other day. It went well! I'm very excited to start my volunteer work. They are supposed to call me about a mentor session, which is like training, this week or next week. It'll be awesome. I'm going to work with cats, and only cats. This also makes me happy.

I recently saw Despicable Me. FANTASTIC movie. I loved it! I encourage anyone and everyone to go and see it. That is all.

I'm hoping this week gets better, but I have a feeling next week will be a lot better.

Oh, I'm going to California at the end of this month. That should be an adventure. I'm going with Brandon and we're going to Six Flags Magic Mountain, the beach, and possibly San Diego. I think this vacation will be good for me in many ways. I need to get away from responsibilities for a few days and compose myself. Everyone needs a vacation once in a while. While we are driving, I'm hoping it won't be too bad of a drive. I attempt to sleep, watch movies, and talk to my darling boyfriend. I will make the best of it!

Well, I'm off. Who knows when I'll post next. :)

No comments: